Thursday, September 8, 2011


Hey Yall,

Ruche is hitting it out of the park with their new arrivals! Everything is shaping up to be a Fall must have, which my checkbook is fearing.

Its a lot like Modcloth but totally different. Instead of being completely Indie, there are TONS of wearable pieces, which is what a girl today needs. Im not going to buy a pair of shoes that looks like a duck, lets be real.

Theyre always having discount codes, so keep an eye out for them! If I can hunt one down for you, or get them to give me a personalized discount code Ill update the post later!

Here are some of my favorites. (Cheap too!)


BLAZERS: These are so in for Fall, in every shape, cut, and color. You have to have atleast five. Stop thinking theyre only for work, or you'll look like an 80s shoulder pad model! Be confident, be covered, and be cute!

1) Totally wearable for someone with fair skin, Im brown, so this wouldnt work for me but I love the sleeves!



2) Just because I cant afford Chanel (even on the members online sites), doesnt mean I cant look like I love tweed, which I do! 



TOPS: The way you save on laundry. If Im being honest, Ill wear a pair of jeans or pants about five times; especially if theyre dry clean only. I only have five suits and I mix them up with a great top. But dont just buy a top because you can wear it 9-5, stuff your closet with really versatile pieces. People also notice when you wear a top three times in a month a lot less than a dress or bright jeans! (Thats key in a class of 194 people that you see everyday!)

1) I have this blouse, it looks just like an equipment blouse (with the addition of a tab sleeve), but it is moons cheaper. This blouse looks perfect with a ciagrette pant, or a pair of shorts (yes, I will wear shorts in Fall, Winter, Summer and Spring). If you dont have a white blouse in your closet you are 1) missing out on a key wardrobe staple 2) obviously not Southern ;) (My mom wore white blouses almost  every time she didnt have on a dress) 3) just plain silly! 



2) High low blouse. Im too scared to try the skirt trend, I think its really going to be fleeting and Id rather spend my money elsewhere. This top is a great version, and with a black cami underneath it could be perfect for a dinner out, or a shopping trip. Great for shorter girls and tall girls alike; it looks like it will fit a long or short torso happily! Plus mustard is my go to color right now!



DRESSES: You can be completely lazy and look amazing everyday-- just put on a dress. They really can be effortless, and great for every season if you own tights! Im a tights girl; I have a pair in nearly every color (Thanks American Apparel and Wolford!)

1) Truggin' approved. I picked this up for errand running, and lunch with Hockey Boy on Saturdays/Sundays. I could also see myself traveling in it, it looks really comfy!



2) Blocked in. I love color blocking, I feel like it adds a lot of depth to an outfit, and its an easy trend to follow! People have been doing it for years. This is so cute! 



3) In the trenches. I live in a place that is still hot right now, but I love trench coats. Im also completely out of the budget for the Tibi coat I want. This is a great little dress, would look great with some tights, and wedges for summer/or still hot Florida! 



SKIRTS: I love skirts, also super easy to throw on, and another great way to highlight your gams. Mind you I have no torso, Im just a pile of Daddy Long Legs. 

1) Hipless. If you dont have hips, Id go for something with a ruffle to give you a little extra oomf. Please do not buy butt pads, hip pads or pajamas jeans to get hips and a booty. I will disown you. 



2) Middle of the road. Midi skirts, Ive been wearing them for awhile, so I guess Im just now cool. Most maxis hit above my ankle anyway, so this is the only way to look like Im not escaping the flood zone.  This one is selling out FAST. 



4) Return of the tweed. Already said it, thats enough. Ill be suffocating in Florida in all my fall tweed.  Lose this belt and use a colorful bed or a chain. 



SHOES: Just because you cannot have enough and they spice up suits. 

1) Color me purple. Dont wear these with anything but pants, or a long skirt-- pretty woman. These are so great though! Pops of color are everything in Fall. Dont look drab! 









1 comment:

  1. Ruche has great prices AND their stuff is cute! Win win!

    ReplyDelete